Linfield College Consumer Information Index
Many federal regulations require colleges and universities to provide consumer information to prospective and current students as well as to faculty, staff, and the community. The links below will provide you with detailed information regarding each topic. Paper copies are available upon request.
If you have any questions about the information you find here or need other disclosure information, please contact the Office of Institutional Advancement at 503-883-2217. That office will put you in touch with the best Linfield staff to assist you.
Email is an official means of communication at Linfield. All faculty, students, and staff are expected to set up their email access.
Complaints, Grievances, and Problem Resolution
Linfield College strives to delivers a high quality, accredited educational experience for all of its students. Students are encouraged to work with appropriate faculty or staff members to resolve any concerns or issues that arise as soon as possible. Students should become familiar with policies and procedures that are documented in the Linfield College Catalog , the Linfield College Policy , and the student handbook relevant to their program. These publications include the basic policies guiding student life as well as the processes by which some academic or administrative decisions may be appealed.
- For exceptions to academic policies, petitions may be submitted to the Registrar or Registration Office (College Registrar, School of Nursing Registration and Records, Online and Continuing Education programs).
- For academic grievances concerning teaching and learning.
- For issues of student behavior in the classroom, please review this procedure.
- For issues of student conduct, please consult the McMinnville Campus Student Handbook, the Portland Campus Student Handbook, or the Online and Continuing Education Student Handbook.
- For other issues, please consult the McMinnville Campus Student Handbook, the Portland Campus Student Handbook, or the Online and Continuing Education Student Handbook or the Linfield College Policy Handbook.
Options beyond Linfield for complaints, grievances, and problem resolution
Constitution Day and Citizenship Resources
Current Degree Programs (Majors)
Linfield College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, or membership in any other protected classification in its educational programs, admission, activities, or employment policies. In addition, Linfield College does not discriminate in its educational and activities programs, or in admissions or access as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1954, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990 and their implementing regulations.
Financial Aid Information
- Financial assistance (federal, state, local, private and institutional) is available to students who enroll
- Financial aid programs at Linfield College and Federal Student Aid program information
- Student Eligibility for McMinnville Students, Portland Students, and Online and Continuing Education Students
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Requirements for McMinnville Students, Portland Students, and Online and Continuing Education Students
- Terms and Conditions, Exit Counseling, and Repayment Information for Federal Perkins Loan
- Terms and Conditions, Exit Counseling, and Repayment Information for Federal Direct Stafford Loan for McMinnville Students, Portland Students and Online and Continuing Education Students
- Terms and Conditions and Repayment Information for Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan for parents of dependent undergraduate program seeking student's on the McMinnville campus and Online and Continuing Education campuses and Portland campus
- Portland Students - Nursing Student Loans
- Applying for Financial Aid for Current McMinnville Students, Prospective McMinnville Students, Portland Students, and Online and Continuing Education Students
- Ineligibility due to a drug conviction for McMinnville Students and Portland Students and Online and Continuing Education Students
- Provisions for Books and Supplies
- Student employment policies
- Policy for students with financial aid who withdraw from Linfield College – Return of Title IV Funds Policy for McMinnville Students, Portland Students and Online and Continuing Education Students
- Vaccination Policy for McMinnville Campus students, the Vaccination Policy for the Online and Continuing Education programs applies to the RN to BSN program and can be found on page 137 of the Catalog, the Vaccination Policy for the Portland Nursing students
- Net Price Calculator
- Enrollment in Study Abroad Programs and Financial Aid Eligibility
Gainful Employment Disclosures
Health and Safety
Instructional, Laboratory, and Other Facilities
Plans for College Improvement
Refund and Withdrawal Policies
Room and Board (Meal Plan) Costs
All room and board costs for all locations are detailed in the current Linfield College Catalog.
- Student-Right-to-Know Graduation Rate
- Student-Right-to-Know Retention Rate
- Student-Right-to-Know Transfer out rates
Although students do transfer from Linfield to other institutions, Linfield's mission is to serve students who are completing their degrees and certificates at Linfield. Consequently, transfer-out rates are not calculated (nor are they required to be calculated by federal regulation).
- Student-Right-to-Know Graduation rates for student receiving athletically related aid
Linfield College does not provide athletically related aid. Linfield's athletic teams compete in the NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) Division III.
- Athletic Participation Rates and Financial Support Data
- Types of employment obtained by graduates (These links take you to outside Linfield's website to Linked In's website summarizing information self-reported by Linked In users.)
- Types of graduate and professional education in which Linfield's graduates enroll
Teacher Program Preparation Report
All institutions that prepare teachers for initial state certification or licensure are required to report annually to the state and to the general public. The federal Department of Education makes these reports public at the state and institutional level. These reports may be found at the Department of Education website, Title II Higher Education Act. Please select the State of Oregon to review all Oregon institutions including Linfield College.
Tuition and Fees