Linfield College is an approved institution of higher learning by the Department of Veterans Affairs. As a result, active duty, reserve, National Guard military personnel, veterans and spouses are able to apply their GI Bill and other military education benefits towards any of Linfield’s degree or certificate programs.
Linfield College’s Adult Degree Program offers five accredited online college degree programs and three accredited online certificate programs. Three additional degree and certificate programs are offered in a hybrid learning format which combines online classes with evening or weekend classroom instruction through Linfield’s McMinnville and Portland, Oregon campuses. Online learning provides military personnel the flexibility of completing the degree or certificate program of their choice while serving our country.
We work with veterans and active duty personnel all over the world to aid in the access of a quality education at Linfield by using their GI Bill benefits. Our Certifying Official, Cheryl Wright, and our Associate Registrar, John Gallagher, are here to assist you through the entire application process.
Cheryl Wright, Linfield DCE Certifying Official:
Email Cheryl or call toll free 800-452-4176 or 503-883-2597, Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm, Pacific Time.
John Gallagher, Associate Registrar:
For transcript evaluation questions email John or call toll free 800-452-4176 or 503-883-2446, Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm, Pacific Time.
Why Choose Linfield?
Linfield is an online military-friendly college. Many of Linfield’s instructors were involved in the early design of online education. We have helped many active duty, reserve, veterans and their spouses pursue their educational dreams at Linfield.
Linfield gives credit for prior learning for a variety of experiences: on the job training, non-credit workshops, travel, personal interests, life experience, and volunteer responsibilities, as well as for training completed through military service.
Chartered in 1858, Linfield is one of the oldest colleges in the Pacific Northwest and is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
Some tips for prospective military students completing Linfield’s application and registration process:
1. Students should let Linfield know they are a Veteran or military personnel when applying. This will help the enrollment process move as smoothly as possible for you.
2. Linfield’s Certifying Official, Cheryl Wright, must certify your enrollment. To do this, the following paperwork is needed:
When paperwork is complete, the Certifying Official will submit the Enrollment Certification to the Veteran's Administration in Muskogee, OK.
3. Certification occurs early in each semester or term. If your registration changes, or if you withdraw completely, contact Linfield’s Certifying Official as soon as possible. Your benefit entitlement may also change. If you change your major, you must complete form 22-1995, Request for Change of Program or Place of Training, and send it to our Certifying Official.
4. What records should you send for transfer of college credits?
Official transcripts from accredited colleges attended, SMART and/or AARTS record of training completed while in the military, and CLEP or DANTES transcripts of standardized exam results all are valuable records that may contain college credits. Request that official copies be sent to: Linfield Adult Degree Program, 900 SE Baker Street, #A456, McMinnville, OR 97128.
5. Students taking courses at Linfield and another institution concurrently must contact the Veteran's Certifying Official at the other institution and ask that they send an email to the Certifying Official at Linfield to ask if the courses will transfer to Linfield and apply to the student's program. Linfield will then respond appropriately.
6. Payment for registration of courses depends upon the chapter:
7. Read other tips on how to use your GI Bill benefits for online college.
Questions? Contact Cheryl Wright, Linfield’s Certifying Official by email or call 800-452-4176 or 503-883-2597.
Begin browsing Linfield’s accredited bachelor’s degree and certificate programs.